Everyone is looking for more ways to support their immunity these days! You might wonder if there's anything special you need to eat to keep your immune system functioning properly.
Check-out these immune-supportive recipes that are packed with key nutrients to keep you happy and healthy.
- Vitamin A: Involved in cellular immune response and provides enhanced defense against multiple infectious diseases.
- Vitamin C: From food at a dose of 100 mg to 200 mg per day is effective at preventing respiratory infections.
- Vitamin E: Plays an important role in immune function and supplementation has even been shown to reduce respiratory infection in the elderly.
- Selenium: Deficiency can have serious consequences when it comes to fighting infections.
- Zinc: Mild to moderate zinc deficiency can impair immune function and increase risk of respiratory infections. Adequate dietary zinc should be emphasised for anyone looking to protect their immune system
The immune system is a complex organ system in the body comprised of white blood cells, skin, mucus and bacteria. Its central role is to seek, recruit, attack and destroy foreign invaders, such as bacteria and viruses that enter the body. The main purpose of your immune system is to protect your body from viruses and bacteria.
Learn more about your immunity and protection:
- What is the Immune System
- How to Support Your Immune System
- Diet & Your Immune System
- Vitamins, Minerals & Antioxidants for Your Immune System
- Recipes to Support Your Immune System
By using this program, you can help boost areas of your immune system & make valuable lifestyle changes.